8.24.2010

Zucchini Patties

I’ve got quite the zucchini garden going right now.  So much zucchini that it’s literally taking over the place.  In a frantic search to do something with all of it, my friend sent me a few recipes (thanks Kim!).  After spending ALL day long shredding up zucchini and preparing it for the freezer, i decided to use this recipe from Kim for dinner last night.  It seems to be missing something “herb-y” so i threw on some of the cream cheese spread from the grilled eggplant sandwichs and it hit the spot.

Zucchini Patties

2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt to taste

Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Heat griddle or frying pan and put spoonfuls of mixture on hot griddle/pan (this is where my Panini grill came to great use again!).  Cook like you would a pancake (until golden brown on both sides).  Serve with ranch or sour cream.  Or, use the cream cheese spread from the grilled eggplant sandwiches below.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay!!!!!! so glad to hear they were a hit!!! I went looking for the original blog I found them on to give proper credit but can't find it :( I can't wait to try them tomorrow night!!