11.30.2008

Peppermint Crumble Cookies

With the holidays here, I've been in a bit of a cooking mood lately. Which in turn sent me looking through all my recipes for my favorite holiday recipes. I ran across this one that i haven't made for a year and all the great cookie memories came back. These are just the best cookies ever.
I've got to give credit to Becky Higgins. I snagged this off her blog.

Peppermint Crumble Cookies

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp water
1 12oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag of crumbled peppermint pieces (no, peppermint crumbles are not the same as crushed peppermint candies or candy canes. The texture is more similar to chocolate chips/crumbles)

Melt butter, brown sugar, and water in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and then add the chocolate chips, stirring until completely melted. Cool for 10 minutes. Put this in a mixing bowl and beat in 2 eggs. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix together and chill for about 45 minutes.

Spoon onto a cookies sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. When cookies come out of the oven, sprinkle the peppermint crumbles on top of the cookies and do not spread. The pieces will get soft at first but then keep their shape and re-solidify when cool.

No comments: